This page reports on progress at the Fair Play children’s hostel during 2005.
For the last three
years we have been refurbishing the Fair Play hostel in
Three teams have worked at the hostel this year. The dates for first team of 17 people were 27 May to 4 June, and the second team of 13 people were 3 to 11 June, some people are covering both weeks. A third team of 11 people worked at Fair Play from 15 to 22nd October.
This is what the October team achieved.
They completed the roof by sealing it to the insulation on the walls.
23 radiators fitted:
The kitchen on the ground floor gutted and tiled:
Painting jobs in the toilet/ shower rooms:
And still found time to have fun with the children!
The first two teams have returned from their hard work at the Fair Play hostel. There are 21 rooms on the top floor. 11 are bedrooms, 3 are wash rooms, 4 are store rooms, and 3 are used as a dance studio.
For all the rooms the two teams managed to:
- install lights and power sockets
- fit, sand, stain and varnish all the doors
For the 11 bedrooms:
- scrape, plaster and paint the walls and ceilings
- clean windows, frames and floors
- hang curtains and lay carpets
For the 3 washrooms
- water pipes installed ready for plumbing
- two shower/ toilet rooms tiled and a start made on tiling the floor
- the wash room walls and floor tiled.
Staff give tuition We work with the young people
Two girls pleased with their new room.